Sunday, March 25, 2007

Drug Curious

Have you been injured or had surgery such that you are required to consume something for pain? Well, my past surgeries and injuries didn't have me needing pain meds until my bike crash two weekends ago. Those of you that have been prescribed pain meds....do you notice that EVERYONE asks you what you are taking? Is this because I've suddenly become part of their club I'm racing to avoid (at my own pain threshold), OR is it because they want what is leftover and deciding if they will ask? Next time you are required to take pain meds...just watch how many people are drug curious around you. BTW, I'm completely off my Codene/Tylenol and the remaining three tablets will become part of my first aid kit.

2 comments:

The Virgin said...

Hi Champ! How ya heeling up?

I'm here in PA, seemingly forever. Hope to return soon. Thanks for taking care of my girl!

Write back and let me know how you are doing. Also, I have a blog - to see how things are progressing, check out www.silkwerks.blogspot.com.

Pat

Wienerdoggie said...

Be careful with that leftover codeine - check the bottle for an expiration date. I think codeine is one of those drugs that expires. Some drugs have a shelf life, after which they can become either inactive or toxic.