Thursday, March 22, 2007

Pain Tolerance

I've been living with some wicked pain over the last 10 days. Pain is an interesting thing in the body. The pain I've experienced is nearly the worst I've encountered in my life (physically of course), yet I'm not sure I can say so. Because we can't recall pain, we only recall our experience in it. I also know that distraction helps me avoid feeling pain; like pushing through pain during a race. There is also pain of loss right now in that I'm extremely limited on what I can do...yet finding new things I can do (or didn't do previously) is a great distraction to my pain. Needless to say...when I lay myself down at night, there are no distraction to my shoulder, bruised/fractured ribs and cranky collar bone; thus I make blog entry at 6am. Good Morning.

No comments: