Friday, March 16, 2007

Push or Pedal

Wow, pain is a workout!
I can be vertical for a couple hours at a time...before I need to "reset" my bone from the pain and discomfort.

I know this is odd, but I believe everything is as it should happen. Yeah, breaking my clavicle is no fun. Yeah...I was racing. Yeah, I put myself at risk...but we put ourselves at risk everyday getting out of bed. And, loss happens in life. BUT, in loss we learn to appreciate so much; like how wonderful it is to have two hands. How wonderful it is to have an ability to ride HARD on a bike. Most of all....when we can't care for ourselves, how much other people care about us. I am floored at how much effort people have made to express care, concern and love. I count the ways....

1) A business associate sends me a personalized watercolor painted dove - "get well."
2) Two teammates and France travel mates send me an itunes gift certificate knowing I will need some tunes for staying fit on the trainer while I heal (so cool);
3) A dear friend sends me a $300 gift certificate for an organics/home delivery meals company (wow, that was thoughtful);
4) team mates that I am getting to know send me humor cards (via snail mail);
5) friends come over a wash my dishes;
6) a friend comes in from out of town to care for me one day;

So...I think my biggest lesson I have learned (again) this past week...is that I have AMAZING friends that can push my bike when I can't pedal. It made me think of this cartoon:

No comments: