Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Accelerated Bone Healing

So I'm going to my orthopedic doc today for some new pictures. We are also investigating if I'm a candidate for ultrasonic therapy that accelerates bone healing. Its pretty interesting and is said to advance healing by 20%. Typically these are fungible by insurance companies if the fracture is compound (open), not healing, or in a difficult location for stabilization (this is where we hope I qualify). You can check out the technology here. Also, I received my new bike (single speed) this week; although too drugged to appreciate it, I post it here as further enticement to faster/accelerated healing.

Today I also turned another corner as I can now move my left arm away from my body without pain. It will be some time before it can move up (to touch the sky). This means I can type with two hands!

No comments: