Monday, March 12, 2007

Collar Bone

do you know the clavicle?

i broke this bone when i was 15 years old. they say its the most painful because all of the nerves and the in ability to stabilize when broke. it took me 2 weeks before my mom could drag me to the doctor.

well sunday bike racing in sequim, a woman in front of me opted to lay down her bike and it catapulted me into the chip seal, sand paper road at 18mph. I have a severely fractured collar bone, Large bump on head (shattered helmet), Chip seal imbedded along my left side, Bruised hip and ribs. I’m blessed and shall live to fight another day. Fellow riders got me home after the hospital. Christina, a teammate stayed with me all night and today helping me through pain cave and dressing wounds, bath, dressing, etc. people are amazing. Typed with one hand of which is bandaged.

1 comment:

Phil in the bakery said...

Lisa

Sorry to hear about your crash - it all sounds very painful. Put on your T-Cakes t-shirt and have a cup of tea. Hope you make a speedy recovery and are soon back on the bike.
Phil
www.gastrobiking.com