Monday, October 17, 2005

Me Foodie

I ate a Janos tonight (probably one of the most inventive chefs in Southwest if not America) where the menu celebrated foods from the native soils of Arizona and Mexico. It was 3.5 hours of grand bliss. Here is our sampling menu:

  • A Grilled Shrimp atop Cheve-Manchenco Polenta
  • Heirloom Tomatoes and Crab with Blue Corn Croutons
  • Roasted Salmon with Fresh Herb and Cilantro Mole
  • Pan-Roasted Duck in Star Anise, Clove and Cinnamon
  • Spice Rubbed Barbacoa Lamb in Seed Mole w/Tiny Lamb Tostada
  • Oaxacan Bread Pudding with Ancho Caramel Ice Cream.

Each was paired with a fabulous wine from (gasp) southern Arizona or parts of Mexico. Okay...I didn't think you could even drink wine from Mexico - let alone love it.

I'm a foodie...I SO admit it. Its a good thing I like to bike.

No comments: