Sunday, October 16, 2005

Frickin' Floyd Landis

Unbelievable!
I had a most amazing day on Mt. Lemmon today.
I climbed like Frickin' Floyd Landis in the 2004 Tour.
You know what I'm talking about...
When Lance had to tell him to slow up. Yeah...that was me

Slaughtering my Mile Post (MP) 5 time at nearly 10mph climbing over 2500 feet...I was feeling at the top of my game. NO one, I repeat, NO one passed me on this Sunday morning (with a plethora of riders out). YES, a few tried...early around MP 1 or 2.

Climbing to MP 11 (road goes to 24), I circled to crank out a descent - hitting speeds over 40mph. At MP 10 (1 mile behind me), I noticed a guy was obviously taking a run at me (probably a later start, but I like to think I was holding him off). The guy was fit, cut with a gruff boxed face, wearing a smile and just a baseball cap. The gent gave me a warm salute as I raced by.

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!
I know that GUY!
That is Frickin' Floyd Landis!!!!
Holy COW!!!!
ROCK ON!!!!!

Now I was fully intoxicated by my endorphines and the idea that I had riden the same mountain with a BIG TDF rider - AND I managed to keep him behind me on the massive Lemmon climb (okay...so it nice to dream).

Yeah, its hard to beat fall riding in Tucson!

No comments: