Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Cashmere

Sunday my dear friend Mark and I did my favorite mountain bike ride; Cashmere. The day started out a little rocky when fixing blueberry pancakes for Mark, I proceeded to scorch his thumb by handing him the hot plate from the oven (ouch). Then loading of the vehicle, I had two flat tires before we left Seattle. However, after landing at the trailhead...we both realized all was good as the ride would be magical. We climbed, and climbed, and climbed...and after Mark fractured his chain (surgery had him riding with two less links and a few less gears - and I'm only talking about his bike), we had a phenomenal ride. Mark, never willing to give up...was seen here rolling over with his bike after trying to ascend a wall, and I do mean a wall.
Driving home, with great conversation...Mark did the quick pull in to a small little apple stand run on the honor system (no attendant). We picked the freshest apples and pears and snacked on them during the ride home. I love fall in Washington state; fresh, crisp apples you can't get anywhere else.

No comments: