Thursday, January 25, 2007

R E S P E C T

Triggers. Do you know what triggers you? I had an amazing, exclusive private session with 10 other business professionals with a "exceptional performance coach" last night. This guy was amazing. He basically spends time with professional athletes (all types) getting them to reach exceptional performance (including Shaq and Tiger). There was one exercise where he asked us to name six (6) items that trigger us. TRY IT. By Trigger...he means, sets you off. So I did it. When I got to number 5, I realized they were basically all the same. When Nikki (the coach) said he had written MY word on the board and knew it when he met me...I was shocked (because there are many words that are the basis of people's trigger). Mine? RESPECT. Other's in the room ranged from Trust, Knowing, Consideration to Understanding. What was fascinating is that these words of "trigger" set us off when we "feel" we are not getting them...AND its our strongest attribute we bring to a room that people see in us. In other words its our greatest gift AND our nemeses. Now I see the triggers and figure out ways to keep my focus for extraordinary performance.

No comments: