Sunday, January 07, 2007

Home Sweet Home!

Seattle. Wow, I am home. Its been 18 days away and the sky is still gray, wind is still blustery, rain falling sidways. LOVE IT! I also took my first yoga class of this year after a small holiday hiatus. Post yoga, I was chilled, relaxed and seeing the world so much clearer (even with the heavy rain today) with a positive energy. Yoga is union. Many of my friends think its too woo woo (some religion different from their own). Yoga is not a religion it is a movement practice and it is purely movement that connects our body with our breath; our body with our soul; our body to the energy God has given us (or Prana or Chi as others may call it). Sure, yoga has been a traditional body language for Hindus and Buddist to nurish their soul; and Foie Gras and fermented grapes were a French tradition for nurishing the pallete and the body. Yeah...so I don't think there is anything wrong with Foie Gras either...shoot me!

Back to Yoga...well, today I was able to do my first headstand away from the wall...AND a fully extended back bend on tippy toes and finger tips (wow). Its great to be home.

No comments: