Thursday, January 11, 2007

Back to Business

This week I got back to business. I opened an office downtown Seattle in the ol' Maritime Building. Its a great old building next to the viaduct with starbucks around the corner and a phenomenal sushi place across the street - what more do you need, right?

There are several new project fronts for me. Exciting really as there is so much capital in the market place chasing new projects. The great news is that returns are getting squashed. Why is this important? Well...I think it sets the stage for returns of a different type - enter the triple bottom line. We shall begin to look for investments that just don't pay a financial return, because these will continue to be paltry. I do, however, believe that we shall make emotional investments that make a difference to the planet. I believe we are not too late to stall further changes to our environment and I've got just the project to commence Seattle's thinking.

No comments: