Wednesday, October 11, 2006

HOME!

I got up this morning in Tucson. Took a ride with Kris at 6am. Ate some food. Loaded my Audi on the transport vehicle at 8am. Headed to the airport at 10:30am for my noon flight with a ONE-WAY ticket to Seattle. Staring out the window of my seat in 10A, I gazed at the desert...the wispy clouds overhead, the amazing people that I continue to find...and the journey that lies ahead. Oddly, I knew exactly when the plane crossed the land border between Arizona and Utah (wow, its over....I thought). I knew exactly when the plane passed into Washington just above the grand Columbia River and Yakima (yes, I'm almost home...I gushed). There...just before we landed, in all her splendor...Mt. Rainier was beaming at me, welcoming me home. When I got off the plane, I thought to myself the following:

1. I can unpack my suitcase and put it away.
2. I don't need to live in airports and be nameless to so many;
3. I can get a regular schedule of yoga, cycling, companionship and life balance;
4. I can drink the wine that is sitting in my cellar (ok basement);
5. I need to sit still and enjoy the stillness;
6. I need to enjoy the moment and don't be busy (at least for a little);
7. Wait I'm crying in the damn SeaTac airport!

Now I get to crash in my wonderful bed! Goodnight.

No comments: