Sunday, October 22, 2006

British Invasion

Friday night was a evening of spontaneous fun. I met my buds at Black Bottle in downtown Seattle (cool little black turtleneck hang - a gastro tavern). Suddenly my friend Simone flies in with excitement about the eight (8) tixs she scored from her pal DJ on the mountain for the 22 year-old one man British invasion named Jamie Cullum. I don't know if you've heard this chap's music...better yet if you've seen in him concert...AMAZING. Probably the best concert I've seen in 10 years. This guy is an amazing performer...kinda like a Harry Connick Jr., mixed with some acid punk (leaping off the piano). The art production and video background was nothing short of brilliant. Well...down-load this guys music...his version of Radio Head's song "High & Dry" that broke out into a brazillian mambo...well, I'm a loss for words. Other great tunes..."London Skies", "All at Sea."

No comments: