Monday, March 02, 2009

a start


Ice TT, originally uploaded by lmpicard.

This is a shot by Brian Snyder (my teammate). This is where I was looking fast, but not fast enough to get to the race's start line in time to hit my scheduled departure.

Net result was that my tardiness added a raw 20-30 seconds to my overall time, not to mention just being "off" through the entire race. I also didn't have time to remove my jacket or the dragging water bottle in my back pocket. I can say it was a good ride, I liked my new fast position, until the last 2-3 miles where the saddle nose was digging into my frontal area. I'm still feeling that pressure this morning.

So...
I need more work. I can't be discouraged, because this is my journey. I must experience some greater intensities to get stronger. Again, this is synonymous with life - eh?

No comments: