Saturday, March 28, 2009

Fat Lip


Independence Valley 2009, originally uploaded by lmpicard.

So I remember when I was a kid, and I wasn't happy about things exactly going my way... I would show my parents a fat lower, pouty lip. It was to suggest that I was sad or the event(s) didn't meet my expectations.

Today didn't go as planned; but then again I didn't make plans - other than to get in my car, visit with a team mate and travel to a race south of Olympia, Washington (about a 70 mile commute one way). The weather was horrid and got worse the further south we drove.

In the end, after 40 minutes of watching popsicle team mates stroll in one, by one.... then going inside to view the shivers, shaking and general palsy of those attempting to find warmth... martha and I got back in the car and headed NORTH for Seattle. Saying something like "we shall live to fight another day!"

Yes. Indeed.
This was our experience. We enjoyed ourselves and made plans for other days.

No fat lips here.

No comments: