Saturday, July 07, 2007

Today was an amazing day. I picked up PJ around 6am, darted to the Edmunds ferry dock and ran into Suze & Dave, Cindi and Cori in line. Bleary eyed we chatted a bit on the ferry then made the Trek to Port Angeles under sunny skies and a beginning temperature of 60 or so. The wind was brisk but as soon as we started the climb we ALL warmed up. Hurricane Ridge is a magical climb. Once you summit the 19 mile climb (from town) nearly 5500 feet of gain...you come upon a setting that looks like the French Alps. WOW. It was amazing. The ride down was fast for me as my Il Falco flight always seems to out pace the heaviest of daredevils to catch me. PJ nearly had me at the end, but couldn't keep his neck in the contorted position for more than a minute to maintain the super aero position. I held the position for more than 20 minutes. Love the race down...its scary, hairy, and fun.

No comments: