Tuesday, July 17, 2007

T Tree?

I'm in BIG TIME training mode. My focus right now is the Crystal Mountain Hill climb TT. I decided two days ago that I'm carrying about 4-5 lbs of inefficient weight mass (okay fat), so I'm on a mission to lean down before my race in mid August. My plan? Well...what worked for me before is just eating minimally and when hungry so the body doesn't go into starvation mode (which slows metabolism and begins to eat muscle - BAD!). So I begin my day with a piece of bread and two poached eggs drizzled with raw olive oil (yummy). I'll eat a piece of fruit when blood sugar drops (usually around 10 or 11am and again at 4pm). Lunch has been coconut oil on sprouted bread with a half an avocado (wow those calories last me until 3-4pm). I've been downing coconut water at 4pm which takes me to 6 or 7pm...THEN...dinner is one of my funky yummy salads with sprouted legumes and grains (nuts and twigs too). On Day two we don't expect lb loss, but my body fat was down 0.5% and by my calculation to reach the goal it should be a total loss of about 2.5%. Oh...by the way did you know that the name 'Avocado' comes from the Aztec name meaning 'testicle tree'? I wonder where they got that impression...

No comments: