Thursday, July 05, 2007

Greenlake to the Falls!

It was a perfect 4th of July. I rode from Greenlake to Snoqualmie Falls (and back) starting at 7am. I arrived back home around 2pm (after a little stop at Starbucks for some carbos). Kris and I had an amazing time and we missed biking together (she just finished Ironman). It was over a 100 mile day as we chose to come back over Issaquah (oh and 6K feet of climbing). Once home, I fueled up (desiring a nap) showered, got on my bike (my Country Road Bob, single speed silly bike) as Colin and I headed down to Lake Union to hang out on a Seattle house boat with Rick Miner and his two floating homes located just across from Gasworks park. The fireworks were spectacular...the people amazing...and the grilled white salmon to die for! I think this is the way the patriots would have wanted us to celebrate our independence from tyranny.

No comments: