Saturday, April 29, 2006

Vuelta - Prologue

The Prologue. It was a 3 mile race...straight up hill (climbing 800 feet - 5% grade). I was the third to start in the gate (in downtown Bisbee). My heart rate shot up and broke the mercury as my excitement got the better of me. It hurt. I got passed by three other riders who started 30 seconds behind me. It hurt bad. I got track hack with my throat so dry from breathing so hard I could taste blood When it was all done. After it was all over in 17 minutes (best time was 12 minutes today)...I realized the women that passed me were all professional riders (like they have NO day job...riding a bike is it). Now I didn't feel so bad except for the pain of going 17 minutes at 175 heart rate (gotta get the body use to feeling lactic acid). Oh..and I wasn't last in the field.

I came back to my spacious room in Bisbee (around 5:30pm) at a sweet potato, egg, some other random items and went to bed at 6pm. Wow...I slept good.

No comments: