Tuesday, April 18, 2006

TST or Hell?

I did this bike race on Saturday called TST. I guess I could also call it hell. After spending nearly 20 days in 80-90 degree weather (glorious) in Tucson, AZ...I was up in Seattle and thought I'd join my team mates for a race called Tahuya Seaback Tahuya (TST to some, hell to me that day).

Let me paint the picture...
Non stop POURING rain for 3 hours, 39 degree weather, bone chilling wind, frozen hands, shivering body, lost faculties, bailout after 30 miles, looking for the short ride home, ending on a logging road (think deliverance), lots of prayers, shivering, lost, 2.5 hours now in the rain, 7 miles on muddy logging road, no human in sight for 2 hours, lots of prayers...prayers ANSWERED!

Unbelievable! I decided to go for the Vuelta de Bisbee in two weeks. Can you way warm? What I can say is that I should be able to feel my hands, my wrists and my elbows enough to shift and brake on my bike.

No comments: