Saturday, April 01, 2006

Lance vs. Lisa

I just completed my complete fitness lab analysis with one of our best physiologist at Canyon Ranch. There is this swanky cool, high-tech, European equipment I strap, bike and all the data is recorded wirelessless (post environment calibrations) for all my detailed data. Here is how I compare with Lance (keep in mind that women have a bit of deviation from men - say 20ml in just VO2 or oxygen consumption because we have less muscle).

VO2Max
Lance = 60 (off season), 85 (during tour de france)
Lisa = 45 (off season)
Average Female = 28

Resting HR
Lance = 34
Lisa = 43
Average = 60

Max HR
Lance = 210 (est)
Lisa = 199 (est)
Average Female (at my age) = 182

Lung Capacity (max)
Lance = 4.5 liters
Lisa = 3.0 liters
Average Female = 2.5 liters

I will be tested again just prior to my big race on June 1st to see how much mitochondria I have built during the base period and if I can improve my numbers.

No comments: