Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Earth Google-ing

Okay...I spent way too much time google-ing the earth. If you haven't downloaded google earth, DON'T DO IT. I spent several hours plugging in all my prior residences - starting with my childhood home in Downey, California to my apartment in Cambridge when I was trapped at MIT. Wow, the memories of these spaces kept flowing (neighbors, daily rituals, etc.)

When you Google the earth, it zooms you across the globe (anywhere you pick including the Eiffel Tower if you choose) to a satellite image with such detail, I could see the color of my house in Seattle. Then you can change the angle of the aerial to make it a perspective. Unbelievable! AND its all free. Wow! Google will also likely own this earth we can now search. Below is the results of me googling my home in Tucson. You can see that Mount Lemmon is just behind...waiting me and my bike tomorrow morning! Woooooo Hooooo!

No comments: