Thursday, April 23, 2009

Stage Racin'


walla walla 2009, originally uploaded by lmpicard.

This past weekend was my SECOND stage race of the season. We had a grand showing of our finest teammates (those that are good on AND off the bike). We rented a quaint little house in the downtown as our base. The joint was full.

Like no other year, I'm enjoying my bike race community. We are a group of authentic, real people that enjoy riding our bike and living to tell about it. It has added another unexpected dimension to my life that is unexpected. Because we get time to laugh, suffer, lament and hang together during a stage race... these events seem to be the most desirable form of racing for me this season.

Just like life (again)... the journey is far richer than the actual event we take part in. I enjoy the process as much and if not more than the race themselves (except reaching the 1K sign in a grueling event - now that always seems to be the MOST joyful of all).

No comments: