Monday, April 23, 2007

Manifesting

Today I played hookie for a GRAND spin on the bike. Oh yes, it was 3.5 hours of bliss in the fine Seattle spring sunshine with bike shorts and a thin long sleeve (yes it was nearly 70 out there). As I made my way back to Greenlake, I caught the glimpses of an elderly couple looking at me as I stopped at the stoplight. With his window open and his wife in the passenger seat gleaming with utter innocence...he smiles and he says, "how much do you weight." I thought, wow...isn't that considered a taboo question even for their generation. Not caring at all...

I responded "145."
He said, "my wife swore you were 105, but then I said you've got to be over 6 foot."
"nah" I said, "I'm 5-10."
"okay...still tall, and beautiful." he says.
"you look fantastic" as a smile came from he and his wife.
"Thank you." I said. "enjoy the beautiful day."

Affirmations of self concepts are a wonderful thing. We need to offer this honesty whenever we see it. Yet I do believe we attract these very things if we believe it ourselves. Its about manifesting our own destiny. We create our realities. If we believe we are beautiful (inside and out) we are beautiful! What do you believe?

1 comment:

thedurovcircle said...

EXCELLENT POST! I agree 100% - spreading good feelings, positivity and HONESTY around is so crucial. It comes back around, and it makes others feel wonderful.