Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Madonna Del Ghisallo

Some of you may know Ghisallo as Litespeed's top Ti bike. Others, who are more world travelled realize that the Ghisallo is a beautiful little church atop a tough hill on the north side of Lake Como, Italy; and for bike geeks - the church is filled with cool cycling memorabilia. Further still, Madonna Del Ghisallo (pictured hear with some adorning eye protection), the patron saint of travelers, which has become the patroness of cyclist (how cool is that) can bless us on whatever road we travel. So...today I visited my orthopedic doc, who also happens to be one of the top shoulder docs in Seattle for my 4th WEEK check in (bones usually take 6-8 weeks). Yes folks, the patroness of cycling has blessed my little bones, caused them to heal quickly (plus all that good eating I do) such that Dr. Peterson declared me "fused" and ready for racing. WHAT???? Okay...so I'm physically ready to race, but my mind needs a little work. Oh, Ghisallo????

No comments: