Saturday, December 23, 2006

Road Trip

Yesterday I finally released myself from Seattle (it was holding onto me and not letting me go after such a long hiatus of being gone for 2.5 years). I departed my house with a loaded up car (bike included) and hit the road at 6pm. Getting into a groove driving south through Portland and onward, with San Francisco the destination for today...I landed in Medford, Oregon around 12:30am at some cheap hotel, one that just looked like some place I wouldn't contract a disease after 7 hours of slumber. Success.

Can I say I love XM radio? Its critical for people on long road trips (that and a great imagination). The other interesting thing I discovered is that those people on long stretches of road between major metropolitan destinations are geriatrics (in big boaty Buicks) and college students...all of which were passing me on the vast stretches of highway. I realize that these segments of the population have the time to engage in such a crazy adventure. I am also realizing that I'm loving the time...as you don't get much time by yourself to ponder the world around you. OH, and there is this entire other world called "rest area" culture...more on that later.

11.5 hours later and nearly 800 miles (whew I flew), I landed in San Francisco and could feel all the old energy of the city I had once habitated. Wow, its a cool town. I love the creative energy I feel here.


Hanging at my cool friend Mel and Mike's (mike is an avid reader of my blog - Hi Mike), we went to dinner on the east bay. It was fun, entertaining (mostly because we made it so) and we laughed all the way home.

Gosh....
Life is so good!

No comments: