Monday, December 25, 2006

An Old Movie

I can't believe I made it from SF to LA in 5.5 hours in my jammin' Audi A4. I love that little car...and wow can it fly. The Starbucks station on XM satelliate radio became my best friend during this part of my journey (as well as most of it). I put the dial to 75 and hummed along at an average speed of 85 miles an hour down I-5. I got into some interesting head (thinking) space pondering about all kinds of thoughts that have not spawned in quite some time. Its been 10 years since I'd been in Los Angeles, and although I had spent my entire childhood here….thoughts were racing through my head like one of those movies you’ve seen several times over, but haven’t actually watched in many years (yet deeper); for me that movie was Breakfast Club and I could quote many lines from it, especially when they were all stoned during detention (but I digress). Here are some things that were found floating in my gray matter:

a) The taste of Marie Callendars’ corn bread;
b) The hum of interstate 405;
c) The feel of the sun on your skin in December;
d) The view of the San Gabriel Mountains;
e) Personalized License Plates (just to extend one's image to the auto);
f) Friends who’s lives touched me, but we’ve lost touch.

No comments: