Sunday, December 21, 2008

2nd time in 10 Years!


Ski around Greenlake, originally uploaded by lmpicard.

Today I went out to my garage, grabbed my widest xcountry skis in the lot, slapped them on at my garage door, skied out my driveway and down to greenlake (about 100 meters). I made a full lap around the lake and it being the 2nd time in 10 years we've had that kind of dumpage in Seattle and where there is enough snow to ski the lake without it melting in a half hour. Well there was plenty, a little crusty but not yet skied out! I had the place nearly to myself.... well maybe because I felt like a kid at xmas and I couldn't wait, so I got up at 5am and hit the lake by 6am. This is an actual picture of me on my skis at greenlake. Oh... its snowing again, I might need another lap.

I kept waiting for the groomer to show to set the tracks, but I guess he/she took the day off. Skating was a challenge but because I had my classic skis and with the perfect wax... it was bliss!

No comments: