Monday, June 09, 2008

SF Kinda Weekend

Looking at the jetstream for Seattle this past weekend I decided to get out of Dodge. Thursday I had dinner with Di Di who just left MSFT for Apple (one of my favorite companies). The contrast in cultures to hear her describe it was something of great fascination; moved from intimidation and bullying to support and nicities. To hear her describe it, well... she wishes someone would just tell her the truth or f-off. I think she is experiencing culture shock to say the least.

Friday was about cycling and remote working. I had a great bike ride with a dear friend Chrisandra who is a yogini and a writer for Yoga Journal. We cycled for nearly 5+ hours in glorious sunshine in Marin County. Barely getting home for a dinner date with two chaperones (who set me up) as I proved once again that I can still intimidate men (and very successful men). I certainly wasn't looking radiant (or so I constructed that reality), didn't place much effort into the adventure because I think I'm not ready to be attractive yet or think that men should like me for my mind (yeah right - who am I kidding). Enough on that topic.

Saturday was yoga at Chrisandra's class and an adventure to the Berkeley Hills to visit with a Matrix Alchemist. If you need to ask, you won't understand, but needless to say it was intense, exciting, inviting and purpose setting.


Sunday was Yoga at the presence of Jamie Lindsay. WOW. It was the first time I had done Headstand as a vinyasa between poses (basically the flow you use between poses). This guy is a genius and brought me to another state of consciousness with all the spine movements and gyrations. I felt a harmonic buzz resonate in my body after the 2 hour class. Following the class and some grub, a spin to the Headland in Marin across the Golden Gate Bridge, brought me into complete bliss for the weekend.

Getting home late Sunday night...
I had to jump into a busy, busy week with my first meeting starting at 8am this morning.
Woooo Hooooo!

4 comments:

Brian said...

You? Intimidating?

Whatever. I need to put you in a headlock and give you a noogie.

Lisa Picard said...

Dude, find me a guy that IS NOT committed, taken, gay, etc - that has YET to find his security in a relationship (as you don't count) who can stand up to this gal! I would LOVE to meet him; then I mellow out, and cuddle up inside his heart! :)

Brian said...

Just don't ever forget your deal breakers...

1. He is taking up Kung Fu for anger management;
2. He sees generocity as sharing the remote during commercials;
3. He thinks flashing your breasts at VIP lounges is normal for access;
4. He likes Miami because of the scenery (women);
5. He goes for quanity over quality every time;
6. He hates "gold diggin'" women - yet wants to spoiled a women;
7. He wears a lot (I mean a lot) of jewlrey;
8. He talks with the tongue frequently scanning or touching his lips;
9. He can't complete sentences or ends them with "how ya doin'!"
10. He has more hair on his back than his head.

Jamie Lindsay said...

Thank you Lisa!
I look forward to your next visit!
peace,
jamie