Wednesday, June 11, 2008

For the LOVE of Cycling

Someone asked me why I like cycling. I thought about it and the first thing that came to mind was "LIFE." Digging deeper into my soul, I realized that after years of feeling the rush of endorphins post running, then knees giving way to another sport, cycling; it wasn't until I climbed on my bike, learned to push hard THEN... I could feel my heart. I guess the pounding of my heels on pavement would mask this beat, this magical beat within me. WOW. To feel your heart beat within your chest made me feel so alive. I could feel it pulse the blood energy through my extremities, I could feel my heart surge its strength of pump throughout my body. Nothing is more real or of truth in my life past or present.

Now what's my buzz about yoga?

I found yoga increases my consciousnenss. How? For me and many others yoga is physical and spiritual in the sense that I have come to feel my humanness beyond the heart beating in my chest. The practice of yoga awakens feeling of embracing life and expanding it – to become aware of the reality that all things and beings are connected, to realize that love is the fabric of the universe and to live as such. Yeah whatever Lisa! Hear me out.

So beyond the beat of my heart I now fully feel the power of my breath in each pose (the breath's movement up and down, front and back in my body) and have become aware of both the breath and heart and powerful movement and presence in my body through yoga. As my breath becomes more and more relaxed, the heart is felt AND heard. I more tune into the mystical rhythm of the breath and heartbeat - which has also transfered itself to my cycling. Yoga has expanded my experiences in Cycling such that both give me the ability to know my heart and true self as well as the power within. If this doesn't connect with you... do some yoga or just some breathing and truly feel it move in your body. You will feel more alive than ever.

out.

No comments: