Saturday, April 05, 2008

Walla Walla

So I blistered on to Walla Walla on Thursday because the weather in Seattle looked less than stellar for the weekend and I needed to get some training time/miles in. The weather here in the glorious wine region is sunny, chilly and very windy. OUCH, that ride today with 30 mph head winds was fun at the start (as I rode about 27mph) but on my return... ugh, it took me soooooooo long to get back at 12mph and I felt like a slug. Well, I did manage to get about 7.5 hours of training time in my bike these last two days. I also had dinner at the BEST restaurant in town; Whitehouse Crawford (parsnip perogis, thai basil muscles, arugla w/ humbolt fog - is this Walla Walla?). I made a reservation at WC when I'm back in town on April 18th... because it was that good. Oh, and I'm staying at this cool little B&B in the wheat fields outside of town with a spa and a HUGE yoga studio (pictures to come). I'm in HEAVEN!!!! So I get up and do yoga to the sunrise each morning as the cell phone doesn't work and the place doesn't have wifi; HEAVEN. Gotta go... I'm having dinner with owner of the spa who happens to be a fashion designer from Italia. Wait, is this Walla Walla?

No comments: