Sunday, November 05, 2006

TV for the Educated

Now...when I have more free time, I get to sleep 8-9 hours a night (wow is that a luxury), can clean my dishes as soon as I'm done with them (as opposed to piling them up for washing on Saturdays), do my laundry when its dirty, read that article in the WSJ when I'm interested (rather than putting it in the "to be read" pile), AND amazingly...I now have at least 1 hour a day I can actually watch Television. Its not something I will elect to make a discipline and I'm the type of person that so likes control...so commercials and slow paced local news (rather than surfing the internet) completely annoys me. SO...I'm an I-tunes junkie when it comes to my Videopod.

Just last week I read an article in the WSJ about the new TV show by Sorkin (West Wing fame) called Studio 60. The article basically said that such a brilliant show was popular with the educated crowd and not middle America. This concerned the network (toward possible cancel) because the educated audience really doesn't view commercials given their DVD-R/Tivo machines. This issue is quite parallel to the shows theme. I guess someone needs to pay for the nearly $3M per episode. Well...with my hour a day...I downloaded the Pilot and first show of this series. WOW, brilliant TV. This is the stuff for the progressive, educated folks (like me and the readers of my blog). Well, I've since downloaded the 5-6 episodes created as of date and plan to watch (and support) the show on its Monday nights at 10pm (at least once).

No comments: