Friday, January 02, 2009

San Xavier


San Xavier, originally uploaded by lmpicard.

After doing a ton of blood work this morning (a way to usher in the new year), I had a great conversation with a like minded soul on the future development potential arising in our next cycle. THEN, I raced home for yet another ride, food then a photo shoot out at the grand ol' white dove of the desert. The image really speaks worlds of why it is so aptly named. This mission was built by the franciscans to christianize the natives (as they came up from Mexico). The settlement dates back to the late 1600's and this church was completed about mid century 1700's. The naive is unbelievable. The spirit and soul of the walls was deep, profound and I must say good. There was a reverent vibration in the space that caused you (or shall I say me) to be no where but the present.

Outside the church the native tribe was frying up some good ol' "Indian Fry Bread" complete with honey, sugar and other non-nutritive empty calories. I abstained and ate my apple on my drive back. Yeah, yeah... whatever.

No comments: