Sunday, March 09, 2008

A year ago...

A year ago today there was a race; a dreadful day really. After racing my 2nd race of the season, I decided to do the weekend double, Mason Lake and Sequim. Sequim was where it all broke down. I fractured my collarbone and a couple of ribs. Oddly I have felt the need to sit out this part of the season either because work has been fairly demanding, or something in my consciousness via intuition says that I'm not to race until I feel comfortable in the season, the skill of the riders, etc.

Today I jumped aboard my beautiful BMC machine and did the Chilly Hilly twice (about 65 miles and 3800 feet of climbing). It taxed me physically but charged me emotionally. I rode with two members of another team that allowed me to feel the passion of riding again... as it was missing.

Time to now prepare for the season!
So far on the calendar is Elkhorn. Its a beastly race, but I plan to be ready for it.

No comments: