Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Vitamin D

Some interesting facts I've recently discovered:
1. Heart disease is no longer the #1 killer of Americans; Cancer is winning as of this year;
2. The NIH says that 85% of all Cancers have emotional causes;
3. Insufficient Vitamin D is linked to 18 different types of Cancers;
4. UVB ray exposure (just 15 minutes a day in the Sun) provides your daily need of Vitamin D;
5. A person living in Boston or Seattle goes outside for the entire daylight hours in winter (November through February) does not get a single ray of UVB (no Vitamin D);
6. A 2.5 hour plane ride to Tucson to ride my bike in the sun makes me happy (positive emotions) and lots, tons of Sun (mega UVB)!!!

Did I mention I'm in Tucson getting lots, lots of Vitamin D? The last FOUR (4) days have been in the low 80's and not a single cloud in the sky. Yessssssssssssss! Oh...and I love my bike again.

No comments: