Saturday, August 27, 2005

Art Experiencing

I love the art you feel.
The stuff that makes you realize a distant memory.
The richer the art, the deeper the memory.

I just purchased this piece from a self representing artist on ebay.
There are a handful of amazing artist on ebay...then there are those that are just plain crap.

William Hawking is a Tucson artist sold on ebay, and I FEEL his art.
This is my second piece of his...and I've watch his work get richer and richer.

So what do I feel here?

This image reminds me of my childhood, when I would walk across the expanse field of my grade school yard, climb on top of the overturned backstops (used for softball), lay on my back and stare at the sky; pondering the world's composition as I looked upon the puffy clouds. I would try to understand where I began and where I ended. Sometimes my thoughts would become so circular I would need to close my eyes to calm my 12 year old mind. I also like this picture because its style is so Magritte.

1 comment:

wile said...

Micha likes Magritte too :)

Dylan