Monday, August 24, 2009

seattle yogic journey


Kalani B&W, originally uploaded by lmpicard.

This week pat (my temporary boyfriend - thank you Christy) and I decided we would attempt to see all that Seattle had to offer in terms of yogis. Now I've been practicing for about 4-5 years (on and off and more regular in the past 2) and Pat has been a bit of a rabid new comer at 12-14 months. Our perspectives are similar yet also very different. He has been formally trained (200 hour teacher training), I have not. I seem to like the fact that every teacher has something to tell you, yet often times the lessons comes in painfully small bites with less articulate or practiced yogis.

Sunday found me at Rain City Yoga then that evening, meditating and practicing at Troy Lucero's studio. Today we wandered into the noon class with Kathleen Hunt at Samadi. All were solid experiences and each I felt something new. I am actively journaling about this journey. I'm posting this picture here because its a post I'm cultivating and think I can achieve. Today I got one leg behind my head in this resting yogi pose. I would like to say I'm halfway there, but I know the second leg is the harder and resting is even harder.

Namaste.

No comments: