Thursday, May 28, 2009

Machuca


Machuca, originally uploaded by lmpicard.

So I have so many thoughts after Costa Rica. It was a mind blowing experience, "fur sure."

What is on my mind right now is many things that entered my brain after reading Jill Bolte's book, "my stroke of insight." She suffered a hemmorage on the left side of her brain, effectively shutting down all logic functions. Interestingly, it also shut down ego and all notions of past and future. She could only live in the divinity of the present moment. Some quote that struck me from this book are as follows:

“ …to experience pain may not be a choice, but to suffer is a cognitive decision.”

“The easiest way I have found to humble myself back into a state of peaceful grace is through the act of gratitude.”

“I must be willing to give up what I am in order to become what I will be.” - from Einstein

The image was from some cooling water dips at Machuca, or as Stephen likes to call it... EDEN; and it was an amazing garden.

No comments: