Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Yoga New Year

I just spent 5 amazing days in the Sonoma valley (actually above the valley) attending a yoga and meditation retreat with Clayton Horton and 13 other amazing people. We had some great moments. These are all sacred contractual people for me (we have an agreement). Well, I wanted to share a breakfast recipe with my yoga friends and blog readers:

QUEEN WA YUM YUM
(as named by Nate)
Energizing Protein Breakfast that is perfect for the commuter:

Quinoa
Dried Fruits (my fav: figs, currants, mango) - chop small 'cause they get BIG
Nuts (raw - roasted is less nutritious favs: pecans, pumpkin, almonds)
Cinnamon (to taste but I use liberally)
Other Spices (energizing: favs ginger, nutmeg)
Vanilla (not alcohol extract - fresh from beans is best)
OPTIONAL - flax if you need more fiber and omega
MILK - fav is Almond Milk (soy is overused)_

DIRECTIONS:
Fill till soaked then add more 8 hours later to make sure it has plenty to drink. Soak for 18-24 hours (keep about a week in fridge - milk will look a little funny after 2-3 days if over soaked but still very good). Server hot or cold!

No comments: