Friday, September 07, 2007

CAbi

Last night I went to my first CAbi party. I called it a Tupperware party of the next millennium. Ya see...the gals all get together, single moms, moms, professional women, retired, kids of those mom's (you get the picture) and they gawk over clothing that is all well made and well styled. Instead of buying things for the home (aka Tupperware Party) that will make "HIM" happy....you buy a BUTT LOAD of clothes that make "YOU" happy.

Another interesting dynamic (and brilliance of the clothing maker/marketer) is that we all see our skinny and fat friends (okay no one was fat at this party) try on stuff and it all looks good because a lot of wine flowed and your friends can talk you into anything! Not to mention the size deflation (could fit into the 2's). Needless to say I filled out EVERY line of the purchase order....THEN had to stop. It all arrives in a week....and I'll look stellar (I hope).

1 comment:

Micha said...

First, this is a cool idea for a party. However, I'm going to be picky with you...I'd argue that Tupperware wasn't ever purchased to make anyone's hubby happy. Rather, I think women got into it because it made their lives easier and because it offered an opportunity to socialize (and make fun of the hubbies).
Personally, I try to avoid the plastic stuff if I can, but I just wanted to call this one out (to be annoying).

:)