Sunday, May 20, 2007

Crits are Crazy

Nearly 50 women line up for Stage 2 of the Mutual of Enumclaw Stage Race; the criterium in downtown Enumclaw, which was held just 4 hours after we went all out for the TT was my first ever crit and thank God it was dry. I knew I needed some eraser experiences for the crash I had in Sequim just 9 weeks ago. I decided to jump out in front and narrow the field. In just two pedal strokes, I was in front charging the group and thinning it to about 15 racers. Then on lap 3, my team mate Chris went down and it spooked me. She joined the race on the next lap with huge rips in her beautiful skin suit. She managed to finish at 6th, me at 8th. I was happy...as I was second in GC and she was 3rd. Here is a GREAT shot of me running the front during the Crit.

2 comments:

Wienerdoggie said...

You do look great - and how aprapos that there is a Quick Step sign in the window of the flooring shop in the background! Great racing with you this weekend, and congratulations on your great finishes. -c

THOR said...

Lisa-
Way to go! Back in the saddle and the photos are really great.
Mike