Monday, February 19, 2007

Flu

it has been some time since my last post. apologies; i had the flu, got busy with some work prospects and life. you know the usual. I don't usually get the flu, but i suspect with all my busy-ness, i let my immune system get weak. the flu causes us to take notice how fragile we are (yet again). is it me or...do you also think that if death be the flu, get if over with...fast, put me out? oddly, about a day into the flu, you realize wow, i'm weak, i hate the fact the sun is out and i can't play in it...yet the pain and suffering is somehow just a tad more tolerable. i think we grow accustomed to pain (after making deposits in the pain bank we can make withdrawals). some how each day we feel suffering, it become easier and we are able to confront a bit more in life; then when the pain is gone we seem to have more strength than before. i don't like the flu. it sucks. but somehow it reminded me to live and how much strength i have when i'm well.

No comments: