Thursday, December 01, 2005

No Confidence

Sitting here in Montreal, I'm reading about Canada's four party system; not perfect, but some interesting points to take back home. So if the party in power receives a majority vote of no-confidence - an immediate election takes place (usually within 5 weeks) for the Prime Minister. Wow, just think how much money is NOT spent on a national campaign in 5 weeks. I wonder if we had an ability to "no-confidence" vote our President...how long would it take before a "no-confidence" vote occurred? I guess we need more than a two party system...and to still be under the rule of the queen. I'm game.

2 comments:

thedurovcircle said...

On behalf of her majesty and the rest of the British commonwealth, I welcome the entire state of Seattle with open arms. We're not perfect, far from it, but I can guarantee that whoever becomes prime minister will have a solid grasp on at least one language.
God Save the Queen!

Lisa Picard said...

Dude, you rock.
I'm wearing my canadian flag socks with pride today!!!